Sunday, November 20, 2011

Planets Make Him Spacey

Apparently, though it might be considered more of a school book than a story book, The Heavens Declare is somewhat interesting. Here in our rural Oregon town, many people heat their homes with wood stoves. My brother, Paul, often started the fires when Dad was at the office. First he would throw in crumpled up newspaper or other scrap paper. Then he would add kindling, small logs, and so-forth. On one particular occasion, I walked through the room and saw him kneeling in front of the wood stove, quite still. He sat, with the fire half laid, intently reading a piece of scrap paper. Curious, I looked over his shoulder. He was engrossed in a page of a Heavens Declare rough draft. So, I'm not sure, but I think that's a positive review: reading my book about the planets is more interesting than laying a fire. But perhaps the book should carry a disclaimer: "May cause spaciness."

No comments:

Post a Comment