Yep, it's that time again. Time to fire up the laptop or sharpen your pencil and settle down for some quick writing. Scribbling is simple...
- Get out pen and paper, or start up your computer
- Set a 10-minute timer
- Write as quickly as you can
- When the time is up, send your opening--just the way it is--to me
- I will post your opening on my blog
- Send friends and family to enjoy the fruits of your first Scribble Fest
The challenge this time is to write a story opening that has a sense of back-story. (Almost as if there should could be prequel that the reader is going to be dying to read.) Don't spell everything out, keep the mystery in it, but drop just enough hints.
This writing exercise is quick and easy--perfect for even those who wouldn't consider themselves writers. You may be surprised by what you are able to write; so scribble with us this Friday! We will be writing from 12:00 to 12:10 pm, PST. (Or choose your own time.) I look forward to reading your Scribble!
Oh, and to help you realize you are definitely up to the Scribble Fest, learn about this writing challenge...
(Okay, I'm just insanely tickled by this video.)