Sooo... I shall start the story below, and then y'all can begin adding to it via the comment section! Some things to think about:
- Don't hog the story. Let it flow where it flows even if it's not what you had in mind.
- Don't hi-jack the story. Keep your section to a reasonable length, pretty please. :)
- Do read everything that has happened so far in the story before adding your section. This way you can be sure to maintain continuity.
- Do invite your friends, family, blog followers to contribute their two-cents worth.
- Do subscribe to receive follow-up comments by e-mail.
- Do have loads and buckets of fun!
It all began at the library. Diana Smith and her older brother, Carter, were looking up books on camping and wilderness survival. Already, they had picked out a good-sized stack.
"Here's one more that looks good," Diana said from the computer kiosk. She jotted the call number down on a scrap of paper.
"Good," said Carter, "then maybe we should call it quits for now. We do tend to overdo it on researching something that interests us." He grinned. It was true; the siblings were famous for their mounds of library books--famous with the rest of their family and with the librarians. There was the time they had read all about Egyptian heiroglyphics, and another time AKC dog shows (even though their own dog was a mutt).
The two scanned the shelves for the book and located it quickly. Diana took the big hardcover off the shelf and flipped through the pages. "Looks interesting!" she said approvingly.
"Quite!" Carter agreed, looking over her shoulder. "Oops," he said, stooping as a dirty white slip of paper fluttered out from between the pages...
The fine print...
All comments, additions to the story will be subject to moderation. I reserve the right to not publish any comment that I deem inappropriate for any reason.