Thursday, May 8, 2014

Homeschooled Authors Convention Opportunity

Calling all homeschooled authors!
Would you like to see your books for sale at the Oregon homeschool convention? This year, I am organizing a booth of books by homeschooled authors for the OCEANNetwork Conference (June 20-21, attended by approx. 2,100 adults and their families).


Here’s what’s in it for you:
-Because I am splitting the booth fee among multiple authors, your books can be in a homeschool convention for the fraction of the normal cost
-Your books will be at a homeschool convention without you needing to travel
-Your promotional materials may be seen by over 2,000 new potential fans
-You may choose to offer a book or books as a giveaway to gather new e-mail newsletter subscriptions
-If your books sell out, I can take backorders upon your guarantee of order fulfillment within 2 weeks of the convention and an offer of free shipping to convention orders

Here’s how it works:
-Your portion of the booth cost would be $22 x number of your titles participating.
-You would send me copies of your books--the quantity is up to you. You are responsible for shipping costs. 
-You would send me any promotional materials (bookmarks, business cards, coloring pages, etc.) to include on the booth, as well as one book stand to prop up a “demo” copy of your book.
-I will set up and run the booth (to be titled “Homeschooled Authors”) for both days of the convention: June 20-21. I am passionate about homeschooled authors, so I will be a knowledgeable, diligent, and dedicated saleswoman.
-I will oversee any giveaway(s) you may choose to offer.
-After the convention, I will return any remaining inventory to you along with the money from sales of your books minus any associated credit card processing fees. You are responsible for return shipping costs. If your inventory sells out, I will pass on backorders for you to fulfill. You may choose to have me return any unused promotional materials (at your cost) or to have me attempt to place them at local libraries, bookstores, etc.

HURRY! If you would like to participate, please let me know no later than May 17th. Because this is a joint venture, all plans are contingent upon participation. Please note: if, by May 17th, there are not enough participating authors, I will not proceed with the booth purchase. All participating authors will be updated on the status of the booth purchase. (Also note that I reserve the right to deny any title's participation in the booth for any reason and without explanation.)

Please let me know if I can answer any more questions or provide any more details. Contact me here.
I’m looking forward to hearing back from you!

3 comments:

  1. I just started following you so I'll know when something else comes up. I'd love to get connected with other homeschooled authors. :) Feel free to come over to my blog www.rsreadingroom.blogspot.com and look around. You can read the first chapters of my books, read many short stories and "get to know" me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds like a graet idea you have here, Perry, and I love it! Maybe in years to come I'll have print books to participate in something like this with!
    Keep up the good work, and let us know how it all goes!
    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That would be fun to have you participate sometime! I will definitely keep everyone posted on how it goes! :)

      Delete