Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Writerly Wednesday

...a roundup of free resources and excellent articles of interest to writers.
  1. "Crafting Unforgettable Characters" by K.M. Weiland Just by signing up for her mailing list, K.M. Weiland will send you a PDF of this nifty handbook for crafting and troubleshooting your book characters. Anything character related gets my attention, and this gal always has excellent writing advice. (I love her blog!) Other fabulous free stuff can be found on the same page--like a cool "Writer's Manifesto" as a printable and as wallpaper, book samples, and a video tutorial of...
  2. yWriter computer program for authors This is an awesomely cool software I think I've mentioned before. It's like Scrivener, but free. Can't beat that!
  3. The Elements of Style by William Strunk Jr. A concise classic I found hugely helpful when I was in school. In many people's minds it is the definitive work on grammar usage and composition.  I wish I owned a copy of it now that I have my own home, so it's a good thing it's freely available (and searchable!) online. If you have never heard of this book, I recommend you check it out. It's short, interesting, easy to understand, and even amusing!

Have a suggestion? Please drop me a line with a link to the resource and I may include it in another Writerly Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment